Saturday, February 25, 2012

House update

We (Kris) has been working hard on the new house. Long days and even weekends to get it done for his family. (have I told you what a great guy he is?) The drywall is going up this weekend..in fact right now! I couldn't be more excited..now the fun starts for me :) 
Thanks to Pinterest I have been finding tons of ideas and sometimes overwhelmed with all the possibilities. But I know one thing of sure I am going for the modern/industrial style..actually I'm pretty much obsessed. Here are some amazing inspiration. 








Aren't these wonderful? You can find more photos and ideas via pinterest. (all photos from pinterest



I love this fabric michael miller children at play. It will be my inspiration for Olivia's bedroom. Wall colour is Benjamin Moore venetian marble...just the perfect amount of lilac..soft and pretty. Visit my pinterest board for more fun ideas. 




This is a bit of our kitchen design : polished carrara marble back splash found at home depot of all places. I love the colour and it really sets the tone for the kitchen. The grey tile is going to be the main tile through out the house as well as the real wood floors. 
The cabinet colour is going to Benjamin Moore white dove and I am still on the fence about which grey I will be choosing for the rest of the house. Any ideas are greatly appreciated :)


I found these industrial pendants to hang above the kitchen island. I love size and scale of them. They are going to really make a statement! 






I've also been hunting home sense for light fixtures. You can find amazing designer ones there for half the price! 


Found one very similar to this for my dining room. 




Found one like this one from restoration hardware. Believe me I did not pay $895 for it!!




I will hopefully continue to update as much as I can before the big move. I am looking forward to making this house a home and staying for years to come :) Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...