Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter countdown!


Easter is only a half a week away and I have been keeping busy with a few fun projects for Easter. I found this easy DIY paint chip garland from this blog and thought I would give it a try! (but I like to improvise things).... I took the kids to Home Depot and grabbed about 20 samples to use. (thanks HD) I had left over yarn from my wreath and some small wooden clothespins. I made a template free hand..cut, pinned and hung! I also made one for Olivia's room. 




Easter baskets are so much fun to make for kids! Olivia is at the perfect age for an easter basket hunt! My mom always made the BEST baskets and I plan on following in her footsteps:) First I wanted to make these chalkboard blocks for Olivia. They were super easy and I hope she will have fun with them!! I followed this blog and the results are pretty cute!

DIY chalkboard blocks....cute for easter baskets!

 Here are a few other items I picked up for the kiddies..
New chalk for the blocks.

Rattles for Gavin's basket. Found these  here

LOVE Little Golden Books!







I found a few outside toys from the Dollarstore and every easter basket needs mini eggs and peeps! 


Plus moms need an "easter basket" gift too...


timi & leslie quick trip diaper bag.


 A few things left to do...dye some more eggs, fill the baskets and make Paska...for the first time! I'm Dutch not Mennonite like my hubby so lets see how it goes :) I'll be trying this recipe out...thanks Lisa for the link. 


What are you doing for Easter? Any traditions that are special to you??

1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas Cindy. Good luck with the paska - I've made Lovella's recipe before and I'm sure it'll work (even for a dutch girl - you've got a Menno last name now:)) It's quite different than my grandma's traditional recipe though, so she helped me make that this year and I have a huge batch that might last a month if I pace myself (it' a diet killer - but it's so delicious!).
    The MGCC blog is my go-to recipe blog, so many good ideas. Their cookbook is just out and available at winks - you'll have to get one to expand your menno recipe collection;)
    Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...