Monday, November 22, 2010

Downstairs Design

My next big project I want to complete is to re-do the downstairs. Lately we have been spending tons of time there and I can't stand looking at these burnt orange walls any longer! Seriously what was the previous owner thinking?? Right now we have the large room split into two areas...kids playroom and "man cave" I know my hubby isn't a fan of this but it is the only area I have to put the kids toys. I want to make the walls lighter and add color to the kids area in the accents and toys. So right I am only going to focus on the kids area. Here are a few ideas I found online at Pottery Barn Kids...they are so fun and cheerful! Any kid would love to play in these rooms and moms love them for being so organized!!





















Here are a few "must" haves that I am loving right now for the playroom!

The Virre Indoor slide from ikea. My daughter is slide crazy and I mean crazy! We live across the street from a park and trying to get her to leave the slide very difficult. So this is perfect... especially on a rainy cold day.

Since my daughter loves books and we have a ton...I thought some cute book ends were needed! Don't you just love the color....these owls from skip hop are just the sweetest things. I will be placing my order!





I found this amazing website that sells beautiful baby/kid products www.ellaandelliot.com  So fun, modern and unique. I am in love with these tree stumps! I want one in every color for every room in my house...well maybe not the bathroom...but seriously so great for a kids bedroom or playroom. 


I am loving all the cute lamps out there right now for kids rooms. This is my dream lamp...a girl can dream right?? Only $440 the adler giraffe lamp by Jonathan Adler is my dream piece in the playroom..
Also found at ellaandelliot


But this lamp fits my budget and style plus it is also super adorable...found here at anthropologie.



Time to pick out the paint color and start all this shopping. Since the weather outside is getting cold my hubby will have time to start the building and painting process. I will be taking photos during the process and I will share them with you! Happy monday everyone...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...