Saturday, December 4, 2010

Afternoon project

Ok I know I should be packing....but blah I'm sick of packing...
I wanted to do something fun instead plus Sarah's House marathon is on so at least I'm doing something while watching t.v....so I don't feel too lazy! I had tons of extra pinecones leftover from Olivia's birthday party that I wanted to reuse in my Christmas decor. I think martha stewart has wonderful craft ideas so I thought I would check there first. I found tons of things you can do with pinecones but I thought these gilded pinecones were simple yet chic for the holidays. I will also stack them in a glass vase and do some in silver. Adding natural elements to any decor always looks terrific and even better when you do it yourself.
I better get these done before Olivia wakes up and gets gold paint all over the place. Try a simple project this Christmas!


Gilded Pinecones How-To1. In a ventilated area, line a surface with plastic and then paper. Secure a rod across an open cardboard box. 
2. Insert a screw eye into base of each pinecone. Attach a 10-inch-long wire to each screw eye. 
3. Stir gold paint. Wearing gloves, dip pinecones to coat; hang on rod in box. Let dry (at least 1 day). 
4. Remove wire; thread with ribbon.


Read more at Marthastewart.com: Gilded Pinecones - Martha Stewart Crafts 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...