Sunday, September 26, 2010

Look "whooo's" turning two.....

My little girl is turning two! So hard to believe... I wanted to have a party for her before the new baby came so I had one 2 weeks early. I love planning parties and coming up with new and different ideas. I had lots of help from all the other wonderful blogs out there that truly inspired me. I decided to do a woodland forest theme since I love birds, owls and nature. I'm pretty sure my little girl loved it too. We had beautiful weather and I was so glad the kids could just play outside. The kids painted birdhouses as part of their goodie bags. For the food I wanted to make kid friendly "forest"food. We had chocolate birds nest, pumpkin spiced cookies (a must at fall time), "pink" toadstool cupcakes, gnome-made granola, marshmellow smores, and of course candy. I did a few adult friendly dishes as well:) Everything went very well and I am so glad I was able to still have a party for Olivia. She only turns two once...


The invite


Welcome friends!

Olivia loved the slide

The kids did a wonderful job on the birdhouses.

Chocolate birdnests..so simple and fun to make.

Candy and drink table with the gnome-made granola. 

I had to have an owl and I made all the toadstools in the jars. 

Marshmellow Smores

Every kid loves a cupcake!

Olivia enjoying the treats! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...